Careers: Senior Design Researcher
We’re a diverse group of specialists who pride ourselves on creativity and love a good challenge. We collaborate with Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders around the world. The fun part: No two projects are alike. Our mission is based on the knowledge that any business system can be a pleasure to use – whether it’s designed to help manage the supply of energy or to speed access to care in an emergency room. We’re passionate about our work because we know it makes a difference.
Senior Design Researcher
The Senior Design Researcher is a member of the design research team. Members of the design research team collect, analyze, synthesize, and document design research data and apply these insights to the design process. Project activities may include field research or usability research. Senior Design researchers are responsible for preparing, executing, and presenting their work to client project teams.
Technical Skills and Responsibilities
- Prepare client-ready research deliverables including presentations of materials
- Conduct all project work including:
- Stakeholder interviews
- Contextual inquiries and other field research
- User interviews
- Competitive and heuristic usability assessments
- Usability tests, including eye tracking
- Analyze data, create reports, and deliver findings to clients and internal stakeholders
- Develop and deliver presentations and reports
- Present ideas articulately and persuasively and demonstrate logical thinking when responding to questions or providing alternative solutions
Consulting Skills and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate time management skills including the ability to work simultaneously across several projects
- Follow all established research and consulting team procedures, and assist with the development of new procedures
- Effectively build professional relationships with colleagues and clients
- Informally mentor less experienced consultants, contributing to the ongoing growth of the team
- Contribute creative ideas to further the project work and direction of client projects
- Contribute to and help foster a climate where alternative ideas and approaches are encouraged
- Demonstrate flexibility in response to changing work requirements and situations
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in design research, including field research and testing
- Meaningful experience working in a consulting environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for user experience and being an advocate for the user
- Knowledge of various design research methods
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in human computer interaction, interaction design, information science, information systems, communication, psychology, human factors, anthropology, design, business analytics or a related field
Send cover letter and resume to HR@ElectronicInk.com
No agency responses please.
About Electronic Ink
Electronic Ink is an international business system design consultancy dedicated to improving the way people interact with technology, environments and one another.Read more
With a global interdisciplinary team of researchers, designers and technologists, Electronic Ink is retained by some of the best-known organizations in the world to solve their most challenging and complex issues. Using a unique process that combines research and design, we create systems, software and experiences that balance business objectives with human contexts. In collaboration with our clients, we join analytical and creative thought to produce innovative solutions and transformative results.
Electronic Ink’s employees are a diverse group from various design fields, psychology, anthropology and technology. We are thoughtful, creative leaders who are continually pushing the limits of our own and our client’s expectations. The people at Electronic Ink constitute the value and competitive edge of the company. We are looking for candidates that can contribute to the innovative spirit of the company and are interested in changing the way business systems function.